All pictures are under the ownership and copyright FirdausMahadi Photography. No photograph may be reproduced, downloaded, copied, stored, manipulated, or used whole or in part of a derivative work, without my permission. If you'd like to use one of my images for any reason, please contact me.
© FirdausMahadi Photography • captures the spiritual beauty of creation itself • All Rights Reserved
About Firdaus Mahadi
My name is Firdaus Mahadi. I'm a photographer, graphic designer and calligrapher, currently living in Malaysia. I first became interested in photography in the early 2008, and I've had an on-again, off-again interest ever since.
I started this site on June 2009, with a renewed interest in photography. I wanted a way to show my work, and keep myself motivated to shoot. Since I thoroughly enjoy maintaining my other blog and website, I thought a photoblog would be an ideal solution.
Photography is a great self learning process that has no borders. It should be far more than the simple act of recording a lasting memory. In a way, it is about tempting our imagination to create an outer image. In essence, it is an art form and a way of expression. The wilderness is the perfect palate from which to draw inspiration with its ever-changing array of natural colours, textures, shape and life.
Photographs have always been open to interpretation. All photographers, be they fine art or photojournalists, take photographs with various degrees of intent, to make you, the viewer, see things from a certain point of view. In addition, the viewer brings with them their own background and life experiences that will further influence how they read the images. At best, photographs should always be viewed as highly subjective.
I am very interested in landscape & architechture photography because it is challenging, fascinating and absorbing, it constantly changes with the light, places, seasons and the weather. All of these elements make totally enthralling landscape photography with each and every day offering something new. It provides a high satisfaction to me.
Although I live in Malaysia, I work remotely with clients all over the globe. Please don't let geographic location prevent you from contacting me regarding your project.
- "captures the spiritual beauty of creation itself"
- "Light is something close to the life of a photographer. They were amazed of the beauty that can produced by the light. But I found, one type of light a much more fascinating, namely the spiritual light. There is something in Islam that can produce beauty and light."
- "In my mind's eye, I visualize how distinctive, a sight and feeling will appear on a print. If it excites me, there is a good chance it will make a good photograph. It is an intuitive sense, an ability that comes from a lot of practice"
Vision & Mission
- Want to achieve a dynamic profession, have the opportunity to get a broad exposure, experienced in the field of education, art, photography, research, as well as one reaches the beginning of a bright career prospects. Contributing to development of physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual community generally.
Aspire to higher specialist referrals, example to the community and try to cultivate and civilize Islamic Art to the highest rank, kindly. Always want to try to diversify the talent and the ability given by Him.
- 2009 - Commercial shooting for Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC)
Interior : Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, Petronas Gallery, Petrosains, Skybridge, Offices, As-Syakirin Mosque, Suria KLCC and others.
Exterior : Architechture, Landscape and Aerial View shooting (KLCC views from various angles; KL Tower, Traders Hotel, The Binjai Residence, Level 73 & 86 Tower 1 KLCC and others)
- 2010 - Commercial shooting for Hijjaz (Malaysian Nasyeed Artist) new album 'Permata Hijjaz 2010'.
- 2010 - Official Photographer for Maher Zain (International Artist) Malaysia Tour & Save The Soul Showcase.